Client: London Borough of Southwark
Consultant: Blakeney Leigh
Contract Value: £3.7m
Summary of works: A Decent Home project where works were carried out to three 6 storey blocks and two 2 storey blocks in Bermondsey, SE1 over 52 weeks.
Description of works:
- All asphalt roofs were renewed with high performance insulated roof systems with 30 year guarantees.
- Existing timber and expired uPVC windows were renewed with uPVC windows.
- All private balconies were renewed with asphalt and spartan tiles.
- All external decoration was refreshed and re-painted.
- All existing glazed public balcony balustrade panels were removed and replaced with safe and attractive aluminium powder-coated perforated metal panels.
- Front Entrance Doors were replaced with tri-laminated timber doors with multi-point locking mechanisms.
- All resident’s kitchens, bathrooms, central heating and electrics were replaced.
- Communal lighting was replaced across the estate.
- New lateral mains were installed to Bromleigh House.
- Asbestos removal was carried out to the balconies on three blocks.
- A door entry system was installed to one of the blocks.
- All old windows in the communal staircases were replaced with a glass block system.