Client – City West Homes
Consultant – Alderton Associates
Contract Value – £160k
Works summary: An external refurbishment project with communal walkway repairs and drainage improvements to Grade II* listed housing block
Summary of works:
• Works carried out to occupied housing block to rectify leaks and surface drainage issues identified on the communal walkways and built-in communal balcony planters.
• The initial task required taking up of 75m of existing brick paviour walkway and screed down the concrete slab over 2nd and 3rd floors, with detailed programming required to ensure access to flats was maintained at all times.
• Following inspection of the slab and minor repairs, a Sika waterproofing membrane was laid to the walkway and planter areas.
• Works were carried out to survey and repair the walkway and planter drainage systems which included the installation of an ACO drainage system.
• Close resident and client liaison was required as this remained a fully occupied housing block throughout the works. Weekly site meetings were held to aid communications between all stakeholders.