Temple Chambers, Temple Avenue, London, EC4
Client: City of London
Contract Value: £530k
Summary of works: Cyclical exterior refurbishment programme including stone and brick cleaning plus internal refurbishments.
Description of works:
The project involved the repair and redecoration of timber windows, stone repairs and roof repairs to this Victorian commercial building in the heart of the City of London, over 5 months. This commercial building was almost fully occupied and so our site management techniques needed to accommodate this sensitive working environment. This includes working over a live restaurant terrace which stayed operational throughout the programme.
We carried out the previous external repair programme in 2009 and were extremely pleased to be able to return to this impressive building in a historic part of London.
External works included:
• Full survey, repair and overhaul of over 550 timber sliding sash windows
• Timber care techniques used
• Replacement of pigeon netting to 6 rear lightwells
• Stonework repairs to cornice and decorative sections to the front elevation
• Brickwork repairs to rear elevations
• Rear flat roof repairs and re-coating
In addition to the external refurbishment works we have also undertaken internal refurbishment works including new kitchens to the ground and 2nd floors.